Monday, May 26, 2008

INDY ROCKS AND INSPIRES






So I went to see Indiana Jones yesterday with two friends from Long Beach since my partner is up in Vancouver dealing with his mom in the hospital. (that's a whole other Oprah)

He and I disagree in our reactions about the film. He thinks the plot is too contrived and a just a copy of National Treasure 2 and has too much of that weird science fiction stuff in it. Okay, point taken.

I loved it! Especially the nods to Raiders. Hello? Did you see the Lost Ark of the Covenant in that warehouse??? I knew it was still there. ;)

There does seem to be much being made lately about the lost Central American cultures of the Maya and Aztec people. The subject of their culture and strange disappearance is all over the learning and travel channels any time I search the guide on TV.

Since I have a small interest and fascination with archaeology, (Atlantis) I have heard of the real Crystal Skulls before and their link to Extraterrestrials. So I don't think this plot is all that contrived. It is true to what was happening in the 1940s when these discoveries were made.

Now I'm all psyched about archaeology again. Just put in The Mummy 1 & 2 to keep the mood going. Love Ancient Egypt!

2 comments:

Christian said...

I have yet to see this movie but I really do want to see it. Maybe this weekend.

What do you teach in Arcadia? Do your students go to class naked? Is that how you recognized me? :)

Wonder Man said...

interesting stuff