Just got a mailer from our state assemblyman Chuck DeVore. It asks us to give our opinion on what we would do about the states financial problems, specifically tax revenue.
Did you know?
- 30,000 of 70,000 state vehicles are missing? These would include: Caltrans trucks, CHP cars, fire rigs and prison vehicles. Yet the state continues to purchase new ones.
- Two separate bureaucracies collect our state taxes: Franchise Tax Board and the Board of Equalization. Yet, the legislature has rejected every bill introduced to streamline these two agencies.
- Costs of maintaining levees in Sacramento have risen from $300 per foot in the 80's to $5,000 per foot today. The rising cost has nothing to do with keeping citizens and homes safe. There are 1,600 miles of levees to maintain.
- Reduce government spending by eliminating wasteful programs and consolidating duplicative bureaucracies.
- Reduce the deficit through spending restraint, not tax increases.
What would you do?
Tell your State Legislature!